Effective Date: April 26, 2020
WH collects information in two ways: through its receipt of information that you voluntarily submit to or through the Site, and automatically through your browsing and use of the Site.
User Provided Information
One way WH collects information is by you voluntarily providing that information to WH. When using the Site, you may provide a variety of information, both personally identifiable and otherwise. For example, WH may collect from you such information as answers to questions about the condition of a trade vehicle, photos of a trade vehicle, documents and information used to secure vehicle financing, your first and last name, email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses and personal financial information.
Please note, that the services offered by the Site involve the facilitation of communication and information sharing between you and third parties providing or proposing to provide services to you (e.g., vehicle financing). In such cases, WH may receive information from such third party that is providing or proposing to provide services to you (e.g., vehicle financing eligibility) and WH will only use such received information as set forth in its agreements with those third parties. Please contact and work with those third parties directly if you have questions or concerns about such received information.
Information Collected Automatically
WH automatically collects information when you access the Site, including the type of browser software you use, the operating system you’re running, the resolution of your computer monitor, the website that referred you, and your IP address. Your IP address is a numerical address that is used by computers connected to the Internet to identify your computer so that data (such as the web pages you want to view) can be transmitted to you. WH also uses IP address information for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. Your IP address can also provide us information about your location.
Cookies and Web Beacons
To help WH tailor the Site to the needs and interests of its visitors and to allow a user to “pick up where he or she left off”, WH keeps track of the pages visited by WH’s users by placing a cookie on their hard drives and will save certain user inputted information in such cookie to allow the user to “pick up where he or she left off”. A cookie is a small entry in text file stored on your computer’s hard drive for the purpose of identifying your web browser during interaction on websites. The cookie contains an ID number that allows WH to track the pages you’ve visited.
The help function on most web browsers contains information on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting a cookie or to disable cookies entirely. However, if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of various features on the Site that are available to other visitors. If you log into the Site via a third party, such third party may collect and use the information you provide. WH has no control and is not responsible for such third party collection and use, and you should review their data collection practices on their websites.
To help maintain information about activity related to the Site, WH may use a small file, called a web beacon. In combination with cookies, web beacons allow WH to track, for example, whether web pages are viewed, how often web pages are viewed, and the specific times of day web pages are viewed.
The Site uses Google Analytics™ service and WH dealership affiliates may use other analytic services from time to time. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic and helps improve upon user experiences with the Site.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use your information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide you with information, products or services offered by WH and by third parties.
- To improve the Site and our users’ experience on the Site by providing users with information that is relevant to that specific user.
- We may use aggregated and/or deidentified information in order to: (i) determine characteristics of visitors to the Site, which characteristics may be used to improve the Site or its features or to better market the Site or its features; and (ii) determine the popularity or effectiveness of certain features of the Site, and to improve the Site’s appeal to users.
- In addition to the uses identified above, WH may use your information under certain additional circumstances, such as the following: (i) to protect or defend the legal rights or property of WH and its corporate affiliates; (ii) to protect the safety and security of users of the WH services or members of the public, including acting in urgent circumstances; (iii) to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; (iv) to comply with applicable law or legal process or (v) for other lawful purposes.
How We May Share Information We Collect
- We may share your information with finance lenders for the purpose of providing you information and options for financing the purchase of a vehicle or other products or services. Please note, finance lenders may make additional uses of such shared data pursuant to the finance lender’s relationship or agreement with you. In any such case, please contact the finance lender directly with any questions as to potential additional use.
- We may share your information with vehicle manufacturers as required by our agreements with the manufacturers.
- We may share your information with insurance companies involved with the purchase and/or repair of a vehicle.
- We may share your information with WH dealerships, service and collision shops and other WH affiliates, as well as non-affiliated service providers who assist us in operating or improving our services, or in communicating or marketing to you.
- We may share your information with unaffiliated third parties whose products and/or services we believe might be of interest to you.
- We may share information we collect with other entities such as law enforcement, government entities, or courts as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described under the “How We Use Information We Collect” Section above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties.
- In addition, if WH sells all or part of its business or sells or transfers all or part of its assets, or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or part of its business, WH may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
WH implements and maintains reasonable administrative, physical and technical measures to protect your information. However, no network, website or communication using the Internet is perfectly secure, no physical or electronic security measure is impenetrable and no amount or type of security can prevent all unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Accordingly, WH cannot guarantee absolute security, nor can WH guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to or from WH over the Internet. WH makes no representations or warranties regarding the security of any personal information you submit through the Site, which you do at your own risk.
A customer wishing to change, update, remove or restrict use of personal information, or wishing to opt out of the receipt of future communications from West Herr, may advise us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by writing to the address below:
West Herr Automotive Group, Inc.
ATTN: Privacy Manager
3552 Southwestern Boulevard
Orchard Park, New York 14127
The Site is not intended for children. Children should not use the Site for any purpose, even with the permission of their parents. WH will not knowingly allow anyone under 13 to use the Site or provide any personally identifying information.
Third Party Links